Friday, July 3, 2009

Two weeks left and some other semi-interesting things

Well, I got my mid-terms back and I made B’s on both of them. You know what that means? I will drink a bottle of red wine the night before every major exam for the rest of my academic career.

· This blog isn’t that long

· So I am not going to give bullet points

· If you have a problem with this

· Please send all complaints to ddwiggins88@gmail.com

It’s so hard to believe that another week has gone by and I only have two left, nevertheless I still have TWO WEEKS left and plan on making the most out of them. The first three weeks I was here I saw so many places, buildings, castles, prostitutes etc (most of them you can find in previous posts). These last three weeks I have decided to do things a little different. I have seen the sites, I love the sites and I have learned so much from them, but on Monday I started seeing something 100 times better. I started seeing the people.

As I have previously mentioned in earlier blogs I started the easiest job in the world on Monday (which is saying a lot looking at my previous work history: lifeguard, crossing guard, and an economics tutor where nobody even shows up for help). I go eat lunch and dinner for free with Spanish college students and speak English to them. That’s it. My first meal was rather… awkward. Why? Nobody told the students in the program that there would be people like me to speak English with them at meals. I sat with these girls who had no idea why I was speaking English with them, and didn’t want to speak English because they just spent 5 hours in a classroom learning it and were sick of it.

Things finally got better at Dinner when I met some guys who maybe didn’t care about speaking English, but cared about the other American girls I came with and wanted to use me to get to them. After dinner and some good conversation I kept hanging out with the Spanish guys because they were nice… and so I could use them to get to the Spanish girls. My plan has been more successful than theirs. Since then I have just picked the group of people that are the most fascinated with the fact that I am American and have hung out with them.They are the nicest and most genuine people I have ever met, (besides myself) and I think that I might want to bring one or two home with me to replace some of my friends in Texas. (Dustin Dwiggins and Sidney Moore, sorry but you are on the bottom of the list. Better luck next year.)

Thursday night there was a party at a karaoke bar with the program. I told myself that there would only be one song that I would sing: Courtesy of the Red, White, and Blue by Toby Keith (also known as the boot in your ass song) in honor of the 4th of July (That’s American Independence Day). Fortunately they didn’t have it, but the coordinator of the program did find it necessary to get on stage and sing every song with whoever was singing (whether they were from the program or not). I would like to go into more details about the craziness of this woman right now, but instead I am starting a new Blog solely based on the things she does and says that makes everyone else feel embarrassed for her.

Last weekend I went to El Rastro (the biggest flea market in Europe) to get some screaming deals on cheaply made merchandise, stolen goods, and old cassettes. If you have ever had anything stolen in Madrid, please tell me because I am going back this Sunday and I can look for it.

Later that day I went to a Bullfight where I saw four bulls fall at the hands of the matadors and one matador fall at the horns of a bull. Yeah, that’s right one of the bulls got a little revenge for himself and all of his friends. The matador was hit by the bull and then driven into the ground for a good twenty seconds before the other torreros were there to distract the bull. I didn’t think the guy was going to be able to get up or even be alive, but he proved me wrong. He was helped to his feet, brushed himself off, reached for his red cape, and went back at it. His pants were torn so everyone could see his undies, he had a substantial amount of blood coming out if his leg, and he wasn’t wearing shoes (the bull literally knocked him out of his shoes), but he was still going to kill that bull… and he did.

Couples making out in the metro: 47

Yours truly and my favorite,

Tony Kroschewsky

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad I still made the cut; don't replace me. Other than that...fascinating. I am continuing to be completely envious of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GET TO PAMPLONA!! See the running of the Bulls- the day before it starts is best- go to the bullring and see the dancing giants-It is neat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will you keep writing blogs even when your trip is over? This is better than fml and textsfromlastnight. love, ashlon

    ReplyDelete
  4. just come home. im tired of your blogs, i want you in person!

    ReplyDelete