Monday, July 13, 2009

La Discoteca and my trip to Barcelona PART I

My deepest apologies for the length of time in between posts, I know many of you were finding yourselves destitute without a new post in over a week. I would like to say that I just didn’t have time, but in all reality nothing very interesting or new happened before I went to Barcelona for the weekend. Maybe it’s because I adjusted to my environment and running from prostitutes is simply a daily occurrence.

There will be two parts to this blog due to the recent plethora of what I like to call “blogworthy” occurrences. (Look for the next one in a day or two)

Due to the large amounts of complaints sent to my website designer and personal assistant, there will be bullet points from now on.

· La Discoteca

· The best bus ride of my life

Wednesday night before I left for Barcelona I was cordially invited by some gracious and enjoyable University of San Diego students to attend a premiere nightclub in Madrid (David Beckham used to frequent the place). Now I know what you are thinking, and yes, I know it’s against my policy to be around Americans, but these ones are nice and like to have fun so I went. We met at a certain Metro stop that was supposedly very close to the club. Being the first to arrive I decided to look for it to make things a little easier for when everyone else got there. In the process I met an immigrant from Ecuador who was trying to help me find it and he politely told me that if I am in Spain studying Spanish, I need to start studying something else. Whatever. I never found the club, but I found my friends and after we wandered around for a few more minutes we took a 20 minute cab ride to the club. At that point I declared that I am through with Google Maps and am currently trying MapQuest, but I would really like to find something with a little more to offer. We got out of the cab to see a few large men in suits guarding the door, and a Ferrari and a Lamborghini right outside; needless to say I didn’t think we would get in. We were lucky, had a lot of fun, and only got a couple of hours of sleep before class.

We departed for Barcelona on a charter bus full of people from my program at 1:30pm, and didn’t arrive until 11:30pm. Do I really need to say more? Okay, I will elaborate. The first hour was great, a little conversation, a little nap, and next thing I know we were stopping for lunch. Lunch was fantastic, everyone got burgers and I ate the delicious lunch my SeƱora packed for me. (Two sandwiches with jamon iberico and queso manchego, a peach, a whole package of cookies, and a juice box) After we got back on the bus is when things started to get a little sour. The “cool kids” behind me decided it would be a good idea to buy a bottle of whisky and then even a better idea to finish it in thirty minutes. Then a poor girl on our bus became deathly ill and vomited for the next nine hours.

To her credit, she made it in the bag every single time. Because of the girl’s sickness we made a stop every thirty minutes to an hour, this thus enabled the “cool kids” behind me to restock up on their alcohol supply. They became louder and more obnoxious by the second. This didn’t bode well for my plan of sleeping on the bus. By the time we arrived, checked in, and ate it was 1:30 am. I decided to call it a night to save up my energy for the next two days and nights of seeing the entire city of Barcelona and not really sleeping.

To be continued…

Here are the pictures from Barcelona.

Couples making out in the metro: 77

Yours truly and my favorite,

Tony Kroschewsky

No comments:

Post a Comment